Addressing Old Ideas from an Absolutely New Angle
Brent, Gaylan and their colleagues are highly experienced speakers who have provided hundreds of speeches, presentations, and contributed to forums and panels. They have presented to broad-based audiences and to every functional group in every industry at every level on numerous subjects.
Speaking on Fake Work and Many Related Subjects
Of course, “Fake Work” is a prominent topic for us, but it is not a simple subject. Fake Work is tied to “The Work Itself” and we spoke on that subject long before the book was written. Our main goal is to carve out the right approach and tailor it to your audience. Here is a short list of our topics:
- Fake Work: Avoiding Fake Work in Your Workplace (Focus on the Book)
- Fake Work and Leadership: Understanding the Outputs of Leadership
- Causes of Fake Work; Paths to Real Work
- Fake Work in Our Communities
- Fake Work in Our Families
- Fake Work is a Personal Issue
- The Work Itself and Organizational Development Topics
- The Work Itself: Getting to Real Work
- Strategy-Alignment-Execution: Linking Real Work to Organizational Issues.
- Strategic Planning that Focuses Real Work
- Driving Strategy to Results
- Being an Internal Consultant to Support Change and Growth
- Communication in the World of Work
- Front-loading Projects to Avoid Fake Work
- Organizational Learning Topics
- Organizational Learning Framework: Building a Learning Organization
- The 4E’s of Learning: Excitement, Experience, Execution, and Evaluation.
- Results by Design: Building a Learning Model in Your Organization
- Measuring the Impact of Learning in Your Organization
To engage a speaker please call or eMail.
Facilitating Work Sessions & Consulting
A Holistic Approach to Facilitating and Consulting
The Work Itself Group offers a suite of services to facilitate organizations as they re-evaluate work in an effort to ensure work is targeting strategic focus and critical results.
Forged from decades of experience consulting to companies large and small, The Work Itself Group will help you build the crucial links from Strategy, to Alignment, and ultimately to Execution—to get Real Work done.
Knowledge = Power – The Power to Change
The Work Itself Group has developed a variety of Assessments to help you better understand Fake Work and Real Work both personally and as an organization:
The Fake Work Quiz
This short quiz gives an indication of whether you and your company are doing Fake Work. It’s free. It’s revealing.
The Fake Work Assessment
It’s like the Fake WorkQuiz, but on steroids. This Assessment gives an accurate and more in-depth look at you and your organization. It will provide your organization with a deeper understanding of the amount of Fake Work happening in your workplace.
The Fake Work Organizational Assessment
The mother of all Assessment tools! By now you should realize that Fake Work is a systemic problem in many organizations, but mostly, many organizations simply don’t know how pervasive Fake Work is and where it is most prevalent. This comprehensive will assess your organization and each individual within it, and create a Fake Work profile. It is designed for teams, departments, groups, and all members of an organization.
The Benefits of this Instrument are obvious if you understand the corrosive affect of Fake Work. About 50% of the work in most organizations is Fake Work. You can’t afford it. So, the first step to addressing it is to know what it is and where it is occurring. This profile will help you to:
- Highlight issues that are affecting productivity and performance.
- See strategic links to Fake Work—where it starts and what affects strategy has on overall focus of the organization.
- Evaluate the power of alignment and it’s overall connection to doing Real Work.
- Understand the elements affecting results—executing work to get the right work done.
- Translating the Assessment Results
Our Assessments are designed to provide you straightforward information and insight into problems and issues of concern, but translating the data into actions is very important, so we offer onsite or distance coaching on using the information and developing strategies to rethink, rebuild, and redesign ways to change Fake Work to Real Work and results.
To speak with one of our assessments consultants please call or eMail.