The Work Itself Group offers a suite of solutions that help organizations re-evaluate work to ensure that it is targeting strategic focus and critical results. Forged from decades of experience consulting to companies large and small, The Work Itself Group will help you build the crucial links from Strategy, to Alignment, and ultimately to Execution – to get Real Work done.
The Solution: The work itself
The Work Itself
The Problem: Fake Work Steals Profits, Productivity, and Morale.
Businesses are at risk—struggling to find life-saving strategies that translate to daily work and get results. Productivity is suffering. Efficiencies falter. Employees flounder and disconnect.
- 73% of workers say their organization’s strategies and goals are not translated into specific work tasks they can execute.
- 70% of workers do not know what to do to support their organization’s strategy.
- 81% of workers do not feel committed to their organization’s strategy.
- 87% of workers are not satisfied with the results of their work.
The Solution: The Work Itself: A Process and a Facilitated 2-day Work Session Designed to Align Teams to Organizational Strategy.
Overview of The Work Itself Work Sessions
Significant challenges impede team alignment to strategy and execution. The Work Session provides a straightforward and practical approach to accomplishing this ambitious goal. The process is extremely flexible and easy to adapt to the realities of your workplace. We don’t take people away from work, we put them to work on essentials that may be missing. The following represents the major steps of the process:
- Capturing What I Do at Work
- Relating Your Work to Strategy
- Identifying Real Work Tasks
- Prioritizing and Aligning Real Work
- Preparing to Execute Real Work
- Developing Real Work Plans
For additional information on this Solution, Download The Work Itself Work Session PDF
To speak with one of our The Work Itself Work Session Consultants please call or eMail.
Real Work Workshop
The Real Work Workshop: One Day—Four Opportunities for Growth
- This is a leadership course because ultimately leaders must learn the building blocks of strategy, alignment, and execution. In the end—no execution, no value.
- This is a management course because managers often misunderstand the real elements of performance and how Real Work tasks should be the bedrock of any performance management.
- This is a team-building course because it focuses on the essentials of teamwork—productivity, alignment, and performance. Work is what brings people together. The best relationships will crash under the weight of Fake Work
- This is an individual performance course because each person in a team must understand Real Work tasks, how they are aligned, and being accountable.
The workshop focuses on the Causes of Fake Work and the Paths to Real Work—aligning individuals and teams to execute on organizational strategy.
Workshop Objectives: Building the Paths to Real Work
- Understand the importance of the Strategy-Alignment-Execution model.
- Understand the causes of Fake Work.
- Clarify your company strategy and the role of strategy in driving Real Work.
- Discover Fake Work you may be doing and find ways to eliminate it.
- Use strategic communication to create Real Work.
- Use your work team effectively to drive Real Work.
- Select critical, Real Work tasks that are tied to your company strategy.
- Establish plans for completing Real Work tasks.
- Make certain that your hard work gets results that will help the company succeed.
For additional information on this Solution, Download The Real Work Workshop PDF
To speak with one of our Real Work Workshop Consultants Consultants please call or eMail.
Organizational Learning Framework (OLF)
The Organizational Learning Framework Services
What We Do:
- Ensure that critical links exist for strategic focus and organizational learning. Create a clear, shared vision of the role of learning in your organization.
- Determine how human development efforts can directly connect to bottom-line results.
- Establish baselines, and then target learning gaps in organizational strategies.
Deliverables-Organizational reports that:
- State the learning vision
- Target organizational gaps that are not adequately being addressed by learning.
- Provide a fitness report highlighting the strengths and weaknesses in the organization that effect learning.
- Detail plans to improve results through learning strategies.
For additional information on this Solution, Download The Organizational Learning Framework PDF
To speak with one of our OLF Consultants please call or eMail.